Nov 11, 2011

Unusual and Beautiful Houses

The internet is filled with images of unusual houses, and believe me some are truly bizarre, but few are also beautiful. I know that beauty is subjective but below are my choices from my own aesthetic.

The first is the Fincube by Studio Aisslinger in Ritten, Italy overlooking the Dolomites. Windows circle the house so the view is present wherever you sit, and what a view! I have been into the Dolomites and they are spectacular.


Next I found  this rotating house called Solaleya. It rotates to follow the sun and has a very low use of energy. In fact, the power used to rotate the house completely once is what it would cost you to vacuum your home.
And then I found this curvaceous Floating House by Robert Oshatz on the Willamette River in Portland Oregon. It reminds me of a snail house with all the connotations that carries of being snug and close to the earth.

I went from the sea to the intimacy of the forest and found the Wilkinson Residence also in Portland, Oregon. They must have creative architects in that state.


And lastly I spotted this home but could find out nothing about it so I don't know where it is. For me it is Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment